How to load Report Model in Report Builder 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I deployed a simple report model based on 3 tables from a SQL Server 2008 database. The report model includes a Data Source, a data source view and a report model. The report model is deployed to the SSRS successfully. However, when I go to http://bccserver01/Reports_TESTDEV01/Pages/Folder.aspx and click Report Builder, I am not able to see how to open the report model inside the report builder. This is Report builder 3.0. Can you please advise what's missing?

I remember in Report Builder 2.0, when I launch the report builder, a list of report models will appear for me to use as my data source. Is this different in report builder 3.0?

Please help!

Thanks

Jon

Monday, May 2, 2011 3:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Jon,

When you open the report builder 3.0, by default it opens up a wizard page. On that page you can select table New Report->Table or matrix wizard.

Then in data set page select Create new. Now, for data source Click Browse and slect the SMDL (report model) file once. From next time model connection will be listed under datasource tab.

- Chintak (My Blog)

• Proposed as answer by Challen Fu Monday, May 2, 2011 5:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Challen Fu Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:10 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 4:28 AM
  • Hi Jon,

Please follow Chintak's reply, which give you the right direction, this is the similar thread you could also refer to Challen's last reply about the detail steps for getting the datasource from report model http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/348e4f12-2382-423e-9329-057c15d26bec 

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 2, 2011 5:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Jon,

When you open the report builder 3.0, by default it opens up a wizard page. On that page you can select table New Report->Table or matrix wizard.

Then in data set page select Create new. Now, for data source Click Browse and slect the SMDL (report model) file once. From next time model connection will be listed under datasource tab.

- Chintak (My Blog)

• Proposed as answer by Challen Fu Monday, May 2, 2011 5:04 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 4:28 AM
  • Hi Jon,

Please follow Chintak's reply, which give you the right direction, this is the similar thread you could also refer to Challen's last reply about the detail steps for getting the datasource from report model http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/348e4f12-2382-423e-9329-057c15d26bec 

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 2, 2011 5:04 AM