Collection on Azure Drive and syncing between them RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to mount something similar to a rack of hard drives propose, but with Windows Azure Drives. The idea is having a replication mechanism using a set of Azure Drives but I don't know if this makes any sense or is enough with the replication system provided by Azure (three copies and so on). The scenario is many VM Role instances working in parallel, they write into their local storage, a worker role gets this info and put this output into one azure drive that is, someway synchronized with two more Azure drives.

The question is, first to know your opinion about the system (e.g. three azure drives mounted separately but synchronized between them) for giving support to an application that runs in a VM role. And second whether the best way of synchronizing contents between Azure drives is (using a worker role or other Synchronization technology like Sync Framework

Thanks a lot

Maick · augurarte :: Albacete · Spain : Guia practica Expression Web, Anaya Multimedia
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:18 AM

Answers

• Hello Miguel,

You want know how to synchronize data between multiple Azure Drives.

For your question: your opinion about the system for giving support to an application that runs in a VM role.

If the application writes data into file system, how to deal with the data conflict? I think an application which is running in a VM role is not well designed to handle this scenario and concurrence as well. Consider that an application (such as SQL Server) would lock the files and keeping updating data into those files. If two copies of the same file is frequently updated in two machines at the same time, how to deal with it?

I suggest you also check Introduction to Microsoft Sync Framework for the potential challenges of synchronizing data. And I'am glad to assist you if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    • Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:24 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:22 AM