none
Deploying WF as a Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I wanted to know if we're able to deploy a workflow as a service in WFM 1.0? I would like to be able to manage these "WF Services," whose job it is to execute the workflow when called, in AppFabric or IIS. If so, how do we go about doing this?

Thanks!

Friday, June 7, 2013 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Sajjad,

to answer this question we should first define the definition of the service :)

a) Most people think about service to be some kind of WCF (in MS world at least) RPC API style service like workflow services hosted in AppFabric? Assume this is you are looking for?

b) However services can be build with Message API style. That means activated by message receive and not by operation call like in a case of WCF.

If you think RPC only (a) then you cannot right now deploy workflow service in WFMGR. There are few workarounds which make this possible, but I wouldn't recommend it for now.
    So, if your question a), then answer is NO.

If you think message-driven (not service model, but message model (b), then you can do that by using activities:

• BuildMatchAllFilter
    • Subscribe
    • ReceiveNotification

These activities encapsulates the Service Bus programming model (Message Model) in designer and provide full service capabilities (related to (b) style).

Hope this helps a bit.

Damir Dobric
    developers.de
    daenet.de
    daenet.eu
    daenet.com

Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:10 PM