none
vshost32.exe has stopped working

Question

• i am using window 7 OS and visual studio 2015 .my problem is that once i  use vs15 before run my application so this message coming each and every 2-3 minutes. " vshost32.exe has stopped working "

what is that in visual studio and how to solve this problems please help me 

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Faizkhan,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is about .Net Framework Setup and Servicing.

As your issue is related to VS general questions, I help you move this case to

Visual Studio DevelopmentVisual Studio General Questions for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding,

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:28 AM
  • Hi Faizkhan,

>>>what is that in visual studio.

The vshost.exe feature was introduced with VS2005, the purpose of it is mostly to make debugging launch quicker - basically there's already a process with the framework running, just ready to load your application as soon as you want it to. See the blog VSHOST — the Hosting Process for more information.

>>>how to solve this problems.

Does this problem occur on the other projects or the new project? If not, what is your project type and what did you do in this project?

As a workaround for this problem, you could go into your project properties, and then into the debug tab, you can uncheck the box that says "Enable the Visual Studio hosting process". This will prevent the svhost process from running, and when you debug your app, it will run it as yourappname.exe, not yourappname.svhost.exe.

Hope this can help you.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 7:55 AM