BC30560: 'CalendarExtender' is ambiguous in the namespace 'AjaxControlToolkit' RRS feed

• Question

• User6466919 posted

I converted an old web site project to web form project and updated  AjaxControlToolKit to v15.1,  followinging instruction for AjaxControlToolkitupgrade. (https://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Upgrade%20your%20project%20to%20AjaxControlToolkit%20v15.1

Now I got BC30560 error for CalenderExtender.   I searched and tried many suggestions in the web and  removed and added reference to make sure there are no multiple  AjaxControlToolKit references. but still  could not resolve the issue

I appreciate if  someone here can shed some light on the problem

Please note if I create a new web form project, added a page with  AjaxControlToolkit CalenderExtender, it works fine.. But if I added a new page in the converted project, I saw the error.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:46 PM

Answers

• User-718146471 posted

Look in your references in your project and just make sure that you remove the one that is there, then register the reference again.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 6:37 PM
  • User6466919 posted

I have the issue resolved by creating a new web project, replacing all configuration files,  adding all existing folders and files  to the new web project. Then after rebuilding the solution the run-time error disappeared. The problem seems related with converting web site project to web form project and replacing AjaxControlToolKit from version 1 to 14. Somehow the converted project contains both version although the reference only exists for the   version 14. And the VS IntelliSense show only one CalendarExtender under AjaxControlToolkit.

I heard JetBrains Resharper before, so I thought to give  it a try. It did help me to detect the problem , after installing the ReSharper,  it shows error for CalendarExtender  and  the IntelliSense shows two CalenderExtender  after AjaxControlToolkit, although selecting one of the two does not resolve the run-time error.  For this reason, I will try to have my company purchase the Resharper. Without thetoolr, I would be probably still searching for a solution. 

Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:56 PM

All replies

• User-718146471 posted

You have two different things called the same name identifier. Either rename one of them, or fully qualify the reference.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:53 PM
  • User6466919 posted

I searched web.config and all aspx pages for the name space "AalanderExtender' and 'AjaxControlToolkid', only one exists

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 7:15 PM
  • User-718146471 posted

Did you uninstall the old ajax toolkit? Look for references to the older and newer versions in the web.config.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:06 PM
  • User6466919 posted

I did .  One one entry web.config. Only one in project reference.  When I type  <ajaxToolkit:  VS pops up the list of choices, there are two entry, one CalendarExtender   in yellow color  , another in the  blue bother under AjaxControlToolKit.dll. Not sure how to remove one of them, as only one is referenced and NuGet package Manager only shows one.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 4:05 PM
  • User-718146471 posted

Look in your references in your project and just make sure that you remove the one that is there, then register the reference again.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 6:37 PM
  • User6466919 posted

I have the issue resolved by creating a new web project, replacing all configuration files,  adding all existing folders and files  to the new web project. Then after rebuilding the solution the run-time error disappeared. The problem seems related with converting web site project to web form project and replacing AjaxControlToolKit from version 1 to 14. Somehow the converted project contains both version although the reference only exists for the   version 14. And the VS IntelliSense show only one CalendarExtender under AjaxControlToolkit.

I heard JetBrains Resharper before, so I thought to give  it a try. It did help me to detect the problem , after installing the ReSharper,  it shows error for CalendarExtender  and  the IntelliSense shows two CalenderExtender  after AjaxControlToolkit, although selecting one of the two does not resolve the run-time error.  For this reason, I will try to have my company purchase the Resharper. Without thetoolr, I would be probably still searching for a solution. 

Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:56 PM