none
Is there a way to turn off the session timer or change the session timer value in Lync/SFB mediation server RRS feed

• Question

• I ran into an issue that a call via mediation server such as a PSTN call would be terminated in about 30 minutes. I have turned off the session timer and disable RTCPActiveCalls and RTCPCallOnHold. However, the mediation server still sends the session refresh reinvite. What else do I need to do?

Thanks,

Stephen

Thursday, March 31, 2016 4:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Stephen,

because I have not heard back from you for quite some time and/or you have not provided the information that was requested, I can only assume that you have either resolved the issue on your own or you are no longer interested in working on this issue. As of today we will consider this issue resolved. 

If this is not the case, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you,
    Kamil Sykora

Monday, April 25, 2016 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Stephen,

Thanks for posting your question. Are you implementing our Lync/SFB protocols or observing this behavior with existing products? If not implementing, then this would better be answered by one of our Lync/SFB forums like this one:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-us/home?category=OCS

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:38 AM
  • And BTW, I did notice quite a few discussions involving this topic on the forum I referenced. Including this one that refers to setting the -sessiontimer to $True:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/7247b248-b1fb-419b-95ea-535dcab47ddf/user-exit-from-the-conferencing-after-30-minute?forum=ocsconferencing

Tom

Thursday, March 31, 2016 6:29 AM
  • Hi Tom,

I am a developer implementing Lync/SFB SIP device. I saw the issue when I placed a call via mediation server. During the call negotiation, Mediation server agrees that my device will refresh the session, but Lync 2013 refresh the session after about 30 mins even if I turned all mentioned above off. The session reinvite message seems problematic because it seems to renegotiate a new media by including all codecs and established crypto. I am confused.

Thanks,

Stephen 

Thursday, March 31, 2016 2:49 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the response, one of the Open Specifications team will start working with you shortly on this.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Thursday, March 31, 2016 2:56 PM
  • Hello Stephen,

I'm investigating this issue for you. I will get back to you if I need additional information.

Thanks,
    Kamil

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:27 PM
  • Hello Stephen,

Can you please send me an example of the initial Session Refresh negotiation in the INVITE request and any subsequent UPDATE requests?

You can send the example to me by e-mailing dochelp@microsoft.com to my attention (Kamil Sykora).

Thanks,
    Kamil

Monday, April 11, 2016 7:37 PM
  • Hello Stephen,

Please let me know if you can provide us with a sample negotiation as indicated above so we can continue with the investigation of your issue.

Thanks,
    Kamil

Friday, April 15, 2016 6:30 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

because I have not heard back from you for quite some time and/or you have not provided the information that was requested, I can only assume that you have either resolved the issue on your own or you are no longer interested in working on this issue. As of today we will consider this issue resolved. 

If this is not the case, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you,
    Kamil Sykora

Monday, April 25, 2016 6:09 PM