none
Windows updates as alternative server for updates keeping WSUS as primary how to? RRS feed

• General discussion

• In my domain i have my WSUS server but i have mobile users that does not connect their devices to our network for months. I want to give then the alternative to go to windows updates for updates if our WSUS is not reachable. 

Is this possible? keep our WSUS as primary server and windows updates as alternative?

• Moved by Michael WhartonMVP Saturday, September 21, 2019 5:22 PM Project is wrong forum and moved to WSUS
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:01 PM

All replies

• I am referring to the GPO Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Updates/Specify Intranet Microsoft update service Location

In this policy you can specify the local WSUS Server and the third option you can specify a Alternate download server that can be another WSUS or some how can we specify a Windows updates server straight from Microsoft ?

I want this only for the mobile devices that are unable to connect to our network for long period of time. 

Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:17 PM
  • Nobody?
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:03 PM