No restore button in Zune RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm trying to restore back to NoDo, I've followed the "Returning Your Windows Phone to its Pre-“Mango” State" instructions to the letter and copied my backed-up backup back into the correct location, but I get no restore button when I go to the Update option - it just says "your phone is up to date"

How can I get the restore button to appear?
    Friday, August 5, 2011 10:57 AM

All replies

• Try connecting your phone to zune, then click on update, then there should be option to restore your phone, when you installed the Mango update.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 2:37 AM
  • I'm trying to restore back to NoDo, I've followed the "Returning Your Windows Phone to its Pre-“Mango” State" instructions to the letter and copied my backed-up backup back into the correct location, but I get no restore button when I go to the Update option - it just says "your phone is up to date"

I just had the same problem Mark.  To fix this make sure you start Zune and make sure it recognizes your phone.  Once you've done that get the backup copy that you made when you backed up your backup and restore it to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\ 

Now go back to Zune (which is already running) and go to settings, phone, update and you should now see the restore button. 

Jim
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:31 AM

I just had the same problem Mark.  To fix this make sure you start Zune and make sure it recognizes your phone.  Once you've done that get the backup copy that you made when you backed up your backup and restore it to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\ 

Now go back to Zune (which is already running) and go to settings, phone, update and you should now see the restore button. 

Jim

I'm having the exact same issue (No restore button)...tried what you suggested and still no luck.

Samsung Focus
    Mango Beta2
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:40 AM
  • I'm having the exact same issue (No restore button)...tried what you suggested and still no luck.
    You kept Zune running while you copied the backup into its original location?  Several people have now said this worked for them.  The important bit is to have Zune open while copying.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:19 PM