none
Unable to authenticate with Google Account using Azure Mobile Apps RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    Today I realized that I can't login with Google account using Azure App Services Mobile App on Windows Mobile. When I click on the login button I get a message "Your browser is not supported anymore. Please update: Chrome, Firefox, IE or Safari".

    My app is an UWP app and the Google login worked till today. I tried with 10.0.14393.5 and 10.0.10586.107 mobile build. On PC everything works fine.

    Please help me to solve this problem, or let me know if there is a system error.

    Thank you in advance,

    Henrik

    Friday, August 5, 2016 6:27 PM

Answers

  • Hello,

    No, I'm using Mobile app as my code reflects it. But its working now, it should have been a temporary service error.

    Thanks, Henrik

    • Marked as answer by henrikbarna Sunday, August 7, 2016 7:54 PM
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 7:54 PM

All replies

  • What is the code you are using to log in? Is it client-flow or server-flow?

    How is your google app configured?

    How long has your app (configured in google) been around?

    We aren't aware of any changes, but google doesn't exactly inform us either.  I've also not heard of widespread problems with google auth on UWP.  My guess is something with your app, but we'd need to know some more information.

    Friday, August 5, 2016 8:49 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Henrik,

    Are you using client flow or server flow?

    We can't repro any auth issues on our side on our test apps, which use server flow.

    Friday, August 5, 2016 10:29 PM
  • Hello,

    I'm using the following code:

    In app:

    public static MobileServiceClient MobileService = new MobileServiceClient("https://XXXXXXXXXX.azure-mobile.net");
    
    private MobileServiceUser user;
    MobileServiceAuthenticationProvider LoggedInProvider;
    
    LoggedInProvider = MobileServiceAuthenticationProvider.Google;
    
    user = await App.MobileService.LoginAsync(LoggedInProvider,false);

    In Azure I set the Google Client Id and Client secret.

    In Google API maneger I set the following Authorized redirect URIs:

    https://XXXXXXXXXX.azure-mobile.net/login/google

    https://XXXXXXXXXX.azure-mobile.net/.auth/login/google/callback

    And the following JavaScript origin:

    https://XXXXXXXXXX.azure-mobile.net

    As I read on the internet I'm not the only one who can't use the service (for example: http://mspoweruser.com/google-appears-blocking-windows-10-mobile-users-adding-google-accounts-outlook/)

    I tried to add a Google account to my Windows 10 mobile accounts and it doesn't work as well...

    I hope you find the solution soon cause lot of my users can't login right now.

    Thanks in advance,

    Henrik


    • Edited by henrikbarna Saturday, August 6, 2016 12:04 PM
    Saturday, August 6, 2016 12:03 PM
  • Henrik, You're using azure-mobile.net, which looks like a Mobile Service. UWP clients are not made for Mobile Services. You need to be using Mobile App, which usually has X.azurewebsites.net URL the Mobile App client SDK will not work with the Mobile Services backend. If you want to use UWP, you need to make a Mobile App backend and point your client to that.
    Saturday, August 6, 2016 3:51 PM
  • Hello,

    No, I'm using Mobile app as my code reflects it. But its working now, it should have been a temporary service error.

    Thanks, Henrik

    • Marked as answer by henrikbarna Sunday, August 7, 2016 7:54 PM
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 7:54 PM