CellCore Support in windows phone 7?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

How can we get access of CellCore in wp7? I saw that wp7 have some features of Windows Embedded Compact 7. And cellcore is one of them. How to get it RIL Component?
    Any Idea?

Thank you
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:29 AM

All replies

• It is not available on Windows Phone 7.  Windows Embedded Compact 7 is a completely different system and cannot be compared to Windows Phone 7.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:40 AM
  • #windowsphone was branched out from #wince 6.0 R3 (or somewhere nearby).

While #wince and #windowsmobile exposed RIL or as you put it CellCore, #windowsphone only exposes limited interface to 3rd Party developers.

If you work for Microsoft Partner or a Device manufacturer like HTC or Nokia, please contact someone higher up in your company.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:08 AM
  • Thanks
    I want some more technical discussion on this topic.
    If RIL is not there for developer then how we get all information about device?
    Will you please tell me then how I will get information about the call made by user? How I will recognized in my app that user has dial a call or he has finished his call?
     How to get the SIM number or device phone number, IMEI number,MIN or MDN number? what about network information? And many more things.
     I am not getting it on API reference.

Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

Why do you need this information? You shouldn't need to concern yourself with these things.

Thanks

Paul Diston
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:28 AM
  • the mechanism of taking a call causes you app to be suspended and reactivated. Apart from that your app wont know a thing.

None of the above are accessible to developers. if you want to identify users you can use ANID or DeviceId

ANID is unique per user (based on LiveID) and Device is unique per device
    http://nickharris.net/tag/anid/
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:39 AM
  • Thanks for reply

Hi Paul Diston, there are many app in which you will need user's this details. Like he/she downloading any audio or image file from server and we have to deduct price money from user's account then how we will do this? Definitely we require user's SIM number or device phone number.
    Am I wrong here? Please make me correct if I am?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:16 AM
  • Hi,

Would you not have a "register" web service method which your application on the device could call, generating a GUID for that particular call, sending the GUID back to the application on the device, the application on the device would then store this GUID and then use this GUID in any future calls to the download and audio or images or use the ANID as previously suggested.

Thanks

Paul Diston
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:20 AM
  • Definitely we require user's SIM number or device phone number.
    Am I wrong here? Please make me correct if I am?

you cannot use SIM number of Device phone number. You dont have a choice.

Use ANID like i mentioned before or get user to register / log in to validate what user you are dealing with. If you have ever worked on web apps, you would appreciate the access you have and work around the requirements to achieve what you want to do.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:32 AM
  • So what do you mean by register/ log in to validate?
    What is "register" web services and this all? Please let me know. I am not getting exactly what you said.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:41 AM
  • i think you are new to this concept. let me give you a primer

1) When you have a website and users, how do you know who is what and why and what not ?

2) For knowing user accessing your website, you ask them to register i.e you create a user account and they can use this user account to log into the website and access features / data which is otherwise not accessible.

3) Similarly if you have a webservice, you allow users to register from your app. and they user this to log in and potentially buy things.

Note: if this is not clear, i defintely can't help you further
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:03 AM
  • Okay thanks!
    I will read about web services. Because I never used it yet so definitely I don't have much concept about it.

Thanks
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:01 PM
  • Hello,
    We are mobile app developer. We works for various mobile platform. So, can we get accessing for Radio Interface Layer for Windows Phone 7. Any legal formality? We are ready to follow that.

Thanks for reply in advance!
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:33 AM
  • Again, there is no access to RIL in Windows Phone 7.  None at all.  Not available.  Not possible.  Zero.
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:39 AM