none
Windows CE 4.2 question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right form to post this message.

I have a dozen CoCom embedded boards (x86), with Windows CE 4.2 pre-installed. For the boards I've developed a small application that communicates with an external hardware module via the onboard usart interface. The program (C++, developed with eVT 3, version 2002) works (so far).

Now I would like to add a feature to auto start the application at boot time. For this I added a key to the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Init (Launch90 and Depend90) and changed the SystemPath entry to include the folder where executable is installed. Whenever I do a warm restart / cold restart (unplug the power) the code isn't executed.

On the embedded machine I use VNC to control it remotely. This program starts at boot time. I asked the developer on how he managed to do this, he answered that he also uses the registry to do so. I reviewed my regristry settings and they seem ok and are still in the registry after a reboot (warm/cold). 

Because I could not figure out why the code is never executed, I replace the VNC exectuable with a small application that lauches VNC and my application. VNC is started, my application is not. If I replace the VNC executable with my own program the same thing is happened: VNC starts (which should not happen) and my application isn't doing anything. My last try was to create a link from the my application and place it in the \Windows\Startup folder. When I test this application it creates the link and after a warm reboot the application starts. But If I replace it with the VNC executable and do a cool reboot nothing happens. The link isn't created, even if the creation happens after 60 seconds (Sleep...).

My best guess is that Windows CE restores the memory to a certain point. Is this possible ? And how can I avoid this behaviour ?
    • Moved by Sean LimingMVP Sunday, February 14, 2016 1:31 AM Windows CE question
    Monday, February 23, 2009 10:43 PM

Answers

All replies