DownloadOperation.StartAsync() Throws System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Question

• I'm tearing my hair out with this one... this was all working great until today and now I can't figure out what's changed.

Here's my block of code:

Uri uri = new Uri("http://www.darthwhoever.com/clients/br/folder1/folder2/picture.jpg");

StorageFile file = await ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder.CreateFileAsync("picture.jpg",CreationCollisionOption.ReplaceExisting);

BackgroundDownloader downloader = new BackgroundDownloader();

DownloadOperation download = downloader.CreateDownload(uri,file);

await download.StartAsync();

I put breakpoints on every line and everything seems to work swimmingly (local file created and everything) until the last line, where, without fail, I now get this:

"An exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)"

I can't find documentation anywhere of this HResult or a FileNotFoundException being thrown by DownloadManager.StartAsync().

Has anyone out there ever dealt with this??

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:43 AM

Answers

• Finally figured it out. Apparently it has nothing to do with the code - something in the filesystem just got corrupted somehow.

The fix for me was to uninstall the app and then launch it again out of VisualStudio.

• Marked as answer by Andrew Ewert Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:52 AM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:52 AM