none
HIPAA EDI ST-SE and HL counters RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find the best way to set up a counter for the ST-SE as well as for the HL segments. I was hoping that BizTalk 2006 R2 would have a functoid already set up for this. Has anyone been able to find what is the best way to do this? Thank you in advanced for your help.

New post
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 2:33 PM

Answers

• You shouldn't need to worry about the counters for the ST-SE, as the pipeline will renumber it correctly based on the batching scenario that you have set up.

As far as the HL numbering, BizTalk does not modify any of the data (unlike it used to in 2000-2002).

I have written about the first steps on how to correctly the HL segments here:http://blog.biztalk-info.com/archive/2006/09/29/HL_Numbering.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If this answers your question, please click the "Answer" button | Eric Stott
    • Marked as answer by Carlos T. _ Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:35 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:27 PM

All replies

• You shouldn't need to worry about the counters for the ST-SE, as the pipeline will renumber it correctly based on the batching scenario that you have set up.

As far as the HL numbering, BizTalk does not modify any of the data (unlike it used to in 2000-2002).

I have written about the first steps on how to correctly the HL segments here:http://blog.biztalk-info.com/archive/2006/09/29/HL_Numbering.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If this answers your question, please click the "Answer" button | Eric Stott
    • Marked as answer by Carlos T. _ Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:35 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:27 PM
  • Thank you Eric. That is exactly what I was looking for. I remember a while back I found your page, but I could not find it again when I was trying to do this now. I will give that a try and get this map finalized. Talk to you soon.
    New post
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:37 PM