Desciption Error RRS feed

• Question

• User-969902511 posted

Hi,

if a Page have a desciption tag like: <meta name="description" content="Here you will get"some Stuff" and buy it">
    the Tool show: Empty description error but this a wrong.

Friday, December 4, 2009 2:13 PM

All replies

• User-47214744 posted

Could you post (or send me if anything that should not be seen publicly to me at microsoft . com) the HTML page (or the URL) that is firing this.

Friday, December 4, 2009 6:45 PM
  • User-969902511 posted
      Hi Carlos,

here is a URL that gives the Error: http://www.dooyoo.fr/souris/molette_jog/  

By the way: Do you have a solution for export all URLs that have duplicate titles or Descriptions. At now i have to select on URL and C&P the result it to Excel. And this for each URL in the overview. That is hard if a site have 2.000 URLs with duplicate titles and descriptions. I found only a option to show the first and the last URL with duplicate titles.

Regards
    Herbert
    Monday, December 7, 2009 7:46 AM
  • User210705855 posted

I will not use " inside the desc. So it will be <meta name="description" content="Here you will get some Stuff and buy it">

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:56 PM
  • User-47214744 posted

I belive here the problem is that the Tag is using quotes in a way that as far as I know is invalid:

<meta name="description" content="Souris  Type Molette "jog" Test et comparaison des prix sur dooyoo.fr"

See how even browsers show the "jog" in red, seeing it as if it was another attribute but the tag broken. 

Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:25 AM