About Obfuscation of Dlls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an application whose Dlls I want to obfuscate. As there are many Dlls to obfuscate I was thinking creating a batch file that would take all Dll's at a time, obfuscate each of them and save the obfuscated Dlls in the given directory . But I am little bit inexperienced in terms of creating a batch file of that type.

Can some one help me out to how to Obfuscate Dlls using Dotfuscator(its an application in .NET) and how to create a batch file of the type i mentioned above?

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 7:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post. To be able to use a batch file to obfuscate assemblies, we need to interact with the Dotfuscator in command line. The link below demonstrates how to use the command line interface to obfuscate using the same settings as in the Standalone GUI Quick Start.

Command Line Dotfuscator Quick Start

In case you don't know how to write a Windows batch file, the following tutorials could help.

1. Batch file in Windows

2. How to use Windows batch files

3. Windows batch file reference

Please mark the right answer at right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    • Marked as answer by SamAgain Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:23 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Avinash_86_oger Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by eryang Monday, August 23, 2010 10:30 AM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post. To be able to use a batch file to obfuscate assemblies, we need to interact with the Dotfuscator in command line. The link below demonstrates how to use the command line interface to obfuscate using the same settings as in the Standalone GUI Quick Start.

Command Line Dotfuscator Quick Start

In case you don't know how to write a Windows batch file, the following tutorials could help.

1. Batch file in Windows

2. How to use Windows batch files

3. Windows batch file reference

Thanks,
    Sam
    • Marked as answer by SamAgain Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:23 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Avinash_86_oger Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by eryang Monday, August 23, 2010 10:30 AM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 3:28 AM
  • We temporarily mark a reply, please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

Could tell us what your further concern is?

Thanks,
    Sam
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 3:17 AM