none
Until activity failing after 30 minutes

Question

• Hi,

We have a data factory pipeline with an Until activity which incorporates two activities within it, one which is a web api call and another is wait activity. Basically, the pipeline is made to wait until particular value is returned from the web api and calls are made to the api consecutively after every 30 seconds. 

Currently the pipeline is getting failed if until activity takes more than 30 minutes and it is failing because until activity fails to poll the api for more than 30 minutes. 

Can anyone suggest how can we increase the timeout of the until activity to some greater value so that it can keep on polling the api after waiting for few seconds?

Thanks in advance. 

Bhushan Gawale | RapidCircle

• Edited by Bhushan Gawale Saturday, September 15, 2018 3:58 PM edited
    Saturday, September 15, 2018 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Bhushan,

I tested Until activity with a Wait activity in it and set the "timeout" as 7 days, but I didn't repro you issue about "the pipeline is getting failed if until activity takes more than 30 minutes". See the pic below, the duration time of the Until activity continued to grow, so I'm afraid the problem didn't in Until activity:

Were youusing Web activity? According to this link, the activity will timeout at 1 minute with an error if it does not receive a response from the endpoint, maybe this's the root cause.

Hope it' ll help. Thanks.

Monday, September 17, 2018 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Bhushan,

The until activity equips a property named "timeout" to define the maximum time do-until can comsume. The default and maximum value are 7 days and 90 days, respectively. Specifying this value should meet your requirement. See the pic below:

Also refer to this link, Thanks.

Monday, September 17, 2018 1:35 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Wang, the current timeout value is already set to 7 days and still it is getting timeout in 30 minutes which is quite strange, any clue what might be causing it?

Bhushan Gawale | RapidCircle

Monday, September 17, 2018 4:51 AM
  • Hi Bhushan,

I tested Until activity with a Wait activity in it and set the "timeout" as 7 days, but I didn't repro you issue about "the pipeline is getting failed if until activity takes more than 30 minutes". See the pic below, the duration time of the Until activity continued to grow, so I'm afraid the problem didn't in Until activity:

Were youusing Web activity? According to this link, the activity will timeout at 1 minute with an error if it does not receive a response from the endpoint, maybe this's the root cause.

Hope it' ll help. Thanks.

Monday, September 17, 2018 9:07 AM