none
Problem with links RRS feed

• Question

• I have simple hyperlinks connecting to htm pages on my webside, some work however some now don't when I try to click on them the hyperlink just jumps up over?
    Monday, January 21, 2013 6:17 AM

Answers

• After retesting, they work in IE10 compatibility mode (=IE7 Standards), but not in IE10 with IE8 Standards mode or better.
    The links also work in FireFox 18

A quick fix would be to add a meta tag like
    <meta content="IE=7" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" />
    to force IE7 compatiblity, which will be OK until the errors in the page are corrected, for example:

<td style="width: 3134px; text-align: left; height: 93px;" class="newStyle4" valign="top">
    This cell being contained in a table 1020px wide (along with other cells in the same row), and that table is in a cell 621px wide!

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    • Marked as answer by mrkf Monday, January 21, 2013 3:54 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 11:10 AM

All replies

• You have to give us a link to the page with the issue, and tell us exactly where to look.

We can't guess from a description what is going on with your site.

Monday, January 21, 2013 6:41 AM
  • won't let me include link till they verify my account??? how can I resolve this new problem?

Monday, January 21, 2013 6:50 AM
  • Type it in with spaces between the  name . com.

(We can't tell you how to resolve the "verify" problem.  You'll have to in the Forum problems area (click on Forums Home to find it.  It's something new that those of us around for years have never had to deal with.)

• Edited by KathyW2 Monday, January 21, 2013 7:03 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 7:02 AM
  • thanks for your help 

the link is talksatellite .com/Asia.htm , the links are in the right hand column under Investor/Business heading.

Thank you

Monday, January 21, 2013 8:56 AM
  • Not easy to find with so many links. Can you give us specific examples of links that don't work on that page?

Ian Haynes

EW - V4 Add-Ins
    EW - Resources, hints and tips
    EW - Design for the Mobile Complete Web
    expression(web.blog)

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:27 AM
  • It is most of them.
    SES Partners with O3B, Narrowband VSAT and Xiplink (about halfway down th page)  work - almost all the rest fail as described.

Ron Symonds

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:58 AM
  • Strange. I've tried twenty or more and they all work. ????

Ian Haynes

EW - V4 Add-Ins
    EW - Resources, hints and tips
    EW - Design for the Mobile Complete Web
    expression(web.blog)

Monday, January 21, 2013 10:33 AM
  • After retesting, they work in IE10 compatibility mode (=IE7 Standards), but not in IE10 with IE8 Standards mode or better.
    The links also work in FireFox 18

A quick fix would be to add a meta tag like
    <meta content="IE=7" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" />
    to force IE7 compatiblity, which will be OK until the errors in the page are corrected, for example:

<td style="width: 3134px; text-align: left; height: 93px;" class="newStyle4" valign="top">
    This cell being contained in a table 1020px wide (along with other cells in the same row), and that table is in a cell 621px wide!

Ron Symonds

• Marked as answer by mrkf Monday, January 21, 2013 3:54 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 11:10 AM
  • I can confirm that some of the links don't work in IE 10 and frankly the code, particularly the styles is such a mess it would take hours to figure out what is apply where. I can't for the life of me understand why you would need so much code for such a simply displayed page. It looks like it may either be in or once have been in a CMS  so my best advice would be to do some serious clean-up.

BTW, I have my IE set to always render in standards mode and ignore any compatibility metas. I doubt I'm the only one so take that into consideration when you make a decision on what to do to get the page working.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Monday, January 21, 2013 3:02 PM
  • Thanks Ron

IE10 appears to be the problem, inserting <meta content="IE=7" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" /> worked.

Monday, January 21, 2013 3:55 PM
  • They work in most, but not in IE10 now working by adding this <meta content="IE=7" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" />

Monday, January 21, 2013 3:57 PM