none
Windows not rexognizing Kinect after a few seconds RRS feed

• Question

• So Ive tried pretty much everything I can find to get it working but nothing has seemed to help me. When I install the drivers and the SDK, I plug the Kinect in and get a message that Kinect has been detected. Then a few seconds later it turns off and it goes back and forth for a few moments before turning off and telling me Windows doesnt recognize the device. I have the Xbox One Kinect with an adapter, just got myself a new USB extension card but the same problem still happens. I have tried updating drivers, changing Windows power management settings, installing different Kinect drivers and SDKs but nothing works. Also it has recently started making the USB ports that I plug it in, broken. Apparently "Windows cannot download the needed drivers" but when I try updating it says they are the best and most up to date drivers. The one problem I had with Kinect has now created another one aswell. I have tried looking all different tutorials and tips but nothing that I have found has worked. My pc meets the requirements easily too. 

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:53 AM

All replies

• Make sure in Win10 Settings > Privacy > Camera and Microphone are both enabled so the drivers can access the sensor.

Brekel

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:00 PM
  • I did that but that didnt help. I switched my pc language to English and the error message says the device malfunctioned. Does that mean the Kinect itself is broken or just a driver/usb issue?
    Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:22 PM