Biztalk Adapter pack Oracle, System.BadImageFormatException RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have BizTalk 2013 R2 install on Win2012 with adapter pack which ships with BizTalk installation, I install Oracle ODAC 12C both 32 and 64 bit version, from Visual studio using "Consume Adapter Service" tool I can access oracle database and generate schemas, but my biztalk application keep throwing this error:

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "UpdateDeliverable" with URL "oracledb://srsprod-db2.bcu.ac.uk:1521/srsrep1/DEDICATED". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' threw an exception. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
       at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OpsInit.CheckVersionCompatibility(String version)
       at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleInit.Initialize()
       at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..cctor()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..ctor()
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBBinding.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBBinding.CreateBindingElements()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.InitializeValues(IBaseMessage message)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2..ctor(IBaseMessage message, WcfTransmitter`2 transmitter)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfTransmitter`2.GetClientFromCache(String spid, IBaseMessage message)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfAsyncBatch`2.BatchWorker(List`1 messages)".

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, June 12, 2015 1:27 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply, I un-install both 32 and 64 bit oracle client, and reinstall only 32 bit back, my application started working, but VS could not connect to Oracle, I created a environment variable for ORACLE_HOME and now both VS and BizTalk working.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, June 19, 2015 2:33 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 2:59 PM

All replies

• Go the Visual studio project 'properties', to the 'build' tab and make sure that you selected 'Any CPU' for the 'Platform target' variable
    Friday, June 12, 2015 3:26 PM
  • We have found that one of the causes of the "System.BadImageFormatException" exception results from the following set of circumstances:

1) 32-bit ODP.NET installed on 64-bit o/s
    2)  .NET application compiled with either "Any CPU" or "x64" set for the "Platform target"
    3)  The application is then deployed to the 64-bit host with the 32-bit ODP.NET installed
    4) The application executes as a 64-bit application but tries to load the 32-bit ODP.NET, thus the exception

Thanks

Abhishek

Monday, June 15, 2015 6:28 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, I un-install both 32 and 64 bit oracle client, and reinstall only 32 bit back, my application started working, but VS could not connect to Oracle, I created a environment variable for ORACLE_HOME and now both VS and BizTalk working.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, June 19, 2015 2:33 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 2:59 PM