Problem in changing log version for storage account(ADLS) RRS feed

• Question

• I have changed the log version to 2 in Diagnostic Settings (Classic) but still when I check log files they are getting logged in version 1. Its been 3 days since I switched to version 2. What could be the possible reason for this?

I am using ADLS Gen 2

Friday, May 29, 2020 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Arpit Kapoor,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you please verify for which service you are expecting version 2.0 logs? 

Logging version support for ADLS Gen2 services:

Blob service: Supports both versions 1.0 and 2.0
    Queue service: Supports both versions 1.0 and 2.0
    File service: Supports version 1.0 only
    Table service: Supports version 1.0 only

In case if your issue is related to Blob/Queue service logging, please email below details to AzCommunity@microsoft.com so that I can escalate this to internal team for further investigation. 

• Email subject: <Attn - Kranthi : MSDN Thread title>
    • Thread URL: <MSDN Thread>
    • Subscription ID:  <your subscription id>
    • Screen shot of the complete Azure Portal page showing your ADLS Gen2 log settings to version 2.0 
    • ADLS Gen2 Log version updated date
    • Most recent Log sample (along with date of the log generated) which confirms that the logs are related to version 1.0.

Please let me know here, once you have done the same. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:33 PM
  • Hi Arpit Kapoor,

Following up to see if you have got a chance to see my previous comment and verify the service type for which you are expecting a version 2.0 logs? 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, June 1, 2020 7:20 PM
  • Hi Arpit Kapoor,

Just checking to see if you still need assistance on this query. In case if you have found a different solution please do consider to share it here with community as it would be beneficial to others reading this thread. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 10:58 PM