High Availability RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

please give me this question answer.

log shipping support commited,uncommited transaction .

database mirroring support only commited transaction.

as well as replication what type of transactions support  like commited or uncommited tranasaction......

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:19 AM

Answers

• Either you are preparing for interview OR not looking for MSDN  or BOL for details. :)

Log shipping works on log backup & mirrioing works on transactions logs.

log shipping support commited,uncommited transaction  - Its not a feature of log shipping, it tlog backup that backup up both transactions.

replication  works on commited transaction.

Regards,
    Rohit Garg
    (My Blog)
    This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Please remember to click Mark as Answerand Vote as Helpfulon posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Edited by RohitGarg Monday, March 25, 2013 8:15 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Markwillium Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fanny Liu Monday, April 1, 2013 10:19 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 8:15 PM
  • Your question is (kind of) irrelevant. A transaction is either committed or not and therefore how the availability mechanism works "under the covers" (aside from slight performance and recovery time differences) is not really something you need to worry about.

However another to add to your list would be AlwaysOn availability groups (SQL 2012) which will "ship" uncommitted changes (as well as committed) in the transaction log.

Transactional Replication also performs a similar operation via the distributor.

Regards,
    Mark Broadbent.

Contact me through (twitter|blog|SQLCloud)

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem
    or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Watch my sessions at the PASS Summit 2012 and SQLBits

• Edited by retracementMVP Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:09 PM added version and repl
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:59 AM

All replies

• Either you are preparing for interview OR not looking for MSDN  or BOL for details. :)

Log shipping works on log backup & mirrioing works on transactions logs.

log shipping support commited,uncommited transaction  - Its not a feature of log shipping, it tlog backup that backup up both transactions.

replication  works on commited transaction.

Regards,
    Rohit Garg
    (My Blog)
    This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Please remember to click Mark as Answerand Vote as Helpfulon posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Edited by RohitGarg Monday, March 25, 2013 8:15 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Markwillium Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:15 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 8:15 PM
  • Your question is (kind of) irrelevant. A transaction is either committed or not and therefore how the availability mechanism works "under the covers" (aside from slight performance and recovery time differences) is not really something you need to worry about.

However another to add to your list would be AlwaysOn availability groups (SQL 2012) which will "ship" uncommitted changes (as well as committed) in the transaction log.

Transactional Replication also performs a similar operation via the distributor.

Regards,
    Mark Broadbent.

Contact me through (twitter|blog|SQLCloud)

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem
    or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Watch my sessions at the PASS Summit 2012 and SQLBits

• Edited by retracementMVP Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:09 PM added version and repl
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:59 AM