none
C++/CX RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

1/ can someone tell me for what is the C++/CX good ?

2/ May I use it to write a wrapper from native C/C++ ?

3/ May I use it for DitectX12 game ?

4/ May I use it for database ?

5/ Is C++/CX full replacement of C++/CLI ?

6/ Is Multiplatform ?

7/ What is future of the C++/CX ? will be canceled by MS like C++/CLI ?

8/ May I use WinForms in C++/CX ?

9/ May I use WPF in C++/CX ?

10/ Which programming languge of the MS VS set is the best for DirectX12 games ? Native C++ ?

Many thanks

Jerry

• Edited by Jerry.Mouse Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:59 PM update
    Sunday, May 20, 2018 4:22 PM

Answers

• Don't be confused by the syntax, C++/CX is unrelated to C++/CLI. C++/CX is an extension to make writing applications for UWP/Windows Store easier since it automatically deals with reading the metadata.

So to answer some of your questions:

1) To write portions of a Windows Store/UWP application that requires accessing the Windows metadata.

2) It is compiled to native C++, so no.

5) It is totally unrelated to C++/CLI. C++/CLI is used to target the .NET framework, but besides the reuse of the syntax, C++/CX targets the Windows Store.

6) Since the Windows Store is Windows only, no.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Proposed as answer by Baron Bi Monday, May 21, 2018 6:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jerry.Mouse Sunday, May 27, 2018 6:30 AM
    Sunday, May 20, 2018 9:39 PM

All replies

• Don't be confused by the syntax, C++/CX is unrelated to C++/CLI. C++/CX is an extension to make writing applications for UWP/Windows Store easier since it automatically deals with reading the metadata.

So to answer some of your questions:

1) To write portions of a Windows Store/UWP application that requires accessing the Windows metadata.

2) It is compiled to native C++, so no.

5) It is totally unrelated to C++/CLI. C++/CLI is used to target the .NET framework, but besides the reuse of the syntax, C++/CX targets the Windows Store.

6) Since the Windows Store is Windows only, no.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Proposed as answer by Baron Bi Monday, May 21, 2018 6:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jerry.Mouse Sunday, May 27, 2018 6:30 AM
    Sunday, May 20, 2018 9:39 PM
  • 7) A very good question, thank you.

- pa

Sunday, May 20, 2018 11:11 PM
  • I am really diappointed of the MS behavior. And really confused.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:58 PM