Last date for a customer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I used a formula to get last date from another table. Can someone explain how this works? Thanks. 

=MAXX(RELATEDTABLE('Big Invoices My Baby'),'Big Invoices My Baby'[IV Created Date])

Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:14 AM

Answers

• Hi AlexMartini,

The RELATEDTETABLE function changes the context in which the data is filtered, and evaluates the expression in the new context that you specify. MAXX Function evaluates an expression for each row of a table and returns the largest numeric value. The formula will evaluates the largest numeric value of [IV Created Date] column in table 'Big Invoices My Baby' which is linked to your current table.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Angelia
    • Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Friday, September 23, 2016 5:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:03 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2016 5:04 AM

All replies

• Hello. I used a formula to get last date from another table. Can someone explain how this works? Thanks. 

=MAXX(RELATEDTABLE('Big Invoices My Baby'),'Big Invoices My Baby'[IV Created Date])

• Merged by Olaf HelperMVP Sunday, September 18, 2016 10:48 AM Same question from same OP

• Merged by Olaf HelperMVP Sunday, September 18, 2016 10:46 AM Same question from same OP
  • Hi AlexMartini,

The RELATEDTETABLE function changes the context in which the data is filtered, and evaluates the expression in the new context that you specify. MAXX Function evaluates an expression for each row of a table and returns the largest numeric value. The formula will evaluates the largest numeric value of [IV Created Date] column in table 'Big Invoices My Baby' which is linked to your current table.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Angelia
    • Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Friday, September 23, 2016 5:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:03 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2016 5:04 AM