none
Windows Search Result 0 or inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Windows 2016 environment / Fslogix / Citrix.

I have a problem with the windows search module and in outlook.

I have a user who wants to search My Documents, it still shows no results when the file is present.

On the other hand if they make a research on a network directory it does not meet the problem.

Why ? What element should I check first?

In outlook, on a shared mailbox it has inconsistent results.

What elements should I look at?

(sorry I do not speak English)
    Tuesday, December 31, 2019 4:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Windows 2016 environment / Fslogix / Citrix.

I have a problem with the windows search module and in outlook.

I have a user who wants to search My Documents, it still shows no results when the file is present.

On the other hand if they make a research on a network directory it does not meet the problem.

Why ? What element should I check first?

In outlook, on a shared mailbox it has inconsistent results.

What elements should I look at?

(sorry I do not speak English)
    Thank you for your report.  This is working as expected. The FSLogix search module only handles Outlook data (email messages, etc...).  The profile directories are not indexed.  We have added support for the new windows search modules in the latest versions of Windows that will allow search to index our profile data, and they will store that data in a location that can be roamed with our profiles, but there are not currently any plans to add support to the FSLogix search module to handle profile files or data.
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Mann1 Friday, January 3, 2020 8:42 PM
    Friday, January 3, 2020 8:42 PM
  • Hello,

but even if fslogix does not manage the files present in the user session. Should this work with windows?
    Saturday, January 11, 2020 3:32 PM