none
[Bingmaps] [Javascript\HTML] How to disable infinite horizontal scrolling? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Bing Maps AJAX Control 7.0 to develop a Windows 8 Metro style app using JavaScript.

Question 1:

Is there any way to disable infinite Horizontal scrolling in the Maps? I want to show a single full view of map without any horizontal scrolling, but of course I want Zoom In and Zoom Out functionality to work as expected.

Question 2:

Does Bing maps provides any mode which can show satellite view of earth on high level of Zoom out? Something like Google Earth view? This will solve first problem also, as horizontal scroll will be do nothing but rotate the earth.

Monday, July 23, 2012 5:17 AM

Answers

• There is no easy way to disable the infinite horizontal scrolling. The few pieces of code I've seen to do this haven't made for a great user experience.

As for showing satellite imagery at high zoom levels simple change the map mode to Aerial. Or, if you mean wanting to have a 3D globe, we used to have a 3D control in Bing Maps for many years but we have since retired it as there wasn't many people using it.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by neong87 Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:42 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:43 AM