how to jump to the detail from PivotChart RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Pivot Chart which show very nicely the data stored in PowerPivot and I can do slice and dice.

I am trying to create a table (or pivottable) which is linked to the PivotChart (or the original table created the PivotChart).  This table will only show rows and rows of data showing the data that is used for the PivotChart plus several other columns, All flatten back, essentially, how each row in Pivot Table.  BTW, the model has 2 tables one for the Time Dimension and the other has the "fact" and are related.

How can I create this detail table?

-- IBM has jobs for USA employee to work oversea (India) and get their wages.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:10 PM

Answers

• there might be many different ways to do this.  I've just found one.  As a note to myself, double click on the excel cell which has the aggregate and a new sheet with the detail (entire row) will be shown.

• Marked as answer by light_wt Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:41 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can't have a Pivot chart without a Pivot table; if you have added only a chart, then you will find the table on an additional Excel sheet (with a name like "Data for Table1 Chart1").

Or you mean a detailed data table as you get when you double click into a Pivot table = drill-through?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Drill-Through could be part of it.  I like to play with that idea.

The Detailed report is like a the Orders Detail associated to the Order Header.  Say, the Order Header has the PivotTable with the Aggregations.  How can I drill into the details finding the make up of the Aggregations?

OrderHeader (PivotTable)
    OrderID  OrderAggreTotal OrderDate
    1            $10.        2013/09/26
    2            $5.            2013/09/27

OrderDetail
    OrderDate    OrderID        Qty        UnitPrice    Description
    2013/09/26    1            1        $6            AA battery
    2013/09/26    1            1        $1            bottle water
    2013/09/27    2            1        $2.5        Protein Bar
    2013/09/27    2            1        $2.5        Protein Bar

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:24 PM
  • there might be many different ways to do this.  I've just found one.  As a note to myself, double click on the excel cell which has the aggregate and a new sheet with the detail (entire row) will be shown.

• Marked as answer by light_wt Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:41 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:41 PM