Azure Data Catalog - Data Asset Usage Metrics RRS feed

• Question

• All,

For my POC to be complete, I would like ways to generate Usage Metrics of the various Data Assets. I'm not referring to the Azure Monitor Metrics  "CatalogActiveUsers" and CatalogUage which is very basic.

Can someone guide me in the right direction.

Thanks,

rgn

• Edited by grajee Thursday, May 7, 2020 6:35 PM Removed "Mention"
    Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:43 AM

All replies

• Hi grajee,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please elaborate more on this statement 'I would like to mention ways to generate Usage Metrics of the various Data Assets' so that I can reach out to appropriate team to get more info about your requirement. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, May 7, 2020 6:10 PM
  • Kranthi,

I noticed I had entered "to mention" by mistake. Anyway, let me restate it here.

After Data Assets are registered and annotated, is there a way to generate metrics which would display the assets along with how many times each were accessed - at the summary level.

Further at the detail level, can we also get details about who all have accessed it. This way, we can check if the need for the assets is more from the team itself or is it coming from other depts.

Also, I would like some sort of statistics on the tags to see how many of them are really useful and being utilized. 

In sum, if Data Catalog holds the knowledge base of the company we should be able to report on in many different ways.

Thanks,

rgn

Thursday, May 7, 2020 6:44 PM
  • Thanks for clarifying on the ask grajee. I have reached out to internal team, to get appropriate inputs about your query. Will keep you posted as soon as I have a response from the team.  

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, May 7, 2020 7:09 PM
  • Hi grajee,

Apologizes for the delay. As per my research I don't see any other way to log the usage metrics. This seems to be a feature request and I would recommend you to please feel free to share your thoughts/ideas in Azure Data Catalog user voice forum

ADC Feedback forum: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/906052-data-catalog

Please do share your feedback thread link here, so that other users with similar idea can up-vote/comment your feature request. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, May 18, 2020 7:48 PM
  • Hi grajee

Just checking to see if you have got a chance to see my previous comment. If so, please do consider to share the feature request feedback link here, so that other users can up-vote and comment your idea. 

Thank you

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:40 PM