TFS 2012 - Check In Button Disabled during "Check In Pending Changes"? RRS feed

• Question

• This has happened to me recently when trying to check in files that I have checked out. For example, I added a new directory to TFS. I then went to check it in, by right clicking and choosing "Check In Pending Changes".  At that point, the Check In button is enabled for a second, then disabled right away. If I click on it before it gets disabled, I get an error message which I'm not sure is causing my issue.  Error: The array must contain at least one element. Parameter name: checkinParameters. PendingChanges.  This does not happen with all projects, but has happened more recently.  Could there be permission issues at the folder level that causes this?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Friday, November 15, 2013 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Does anyone else in your team has the same issue? You can try the methods as below:

1. You can have a try on other machines to see if this issue still exist.

2. Create a new workspace and try again.

3. Clean the local TFS cache:

(1) Clean the Cache folder on client computer. The folder path is: C:\Users\username(Team Explorer user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\4.0\Cache. (os: Windows Server 2008 R2)

(2) Clean the Cache folder on Server machine. The folder path is: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Web Access\Cache_v11.0. (os: Windows Server 2008 R2)

(3) After cleaned, on Server machine, click Start and select Run… to open the dialog box, then input iisreset.exe and click OK, wait it run completely.

If this issue cannot be fixed, please elaborate more details about this issue(or screenshots).

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 18, 2013 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does anyone else in your team has the same issue? You can try the methods as below:

1. You can have a try on other machines to see if this issue still exist.

2. Create a new workspace and try again.

3. Clean the local TFS cache:

(1) Clean the Cache folder on client computer. The folder path is: C:\Users\username(Team Explorer user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\4.0\Cache. (os: Windows Server 2008 R2)

(2) Clean the Cache folder on Server machine. The folder path is: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Web Access\Cache_v11.0. (os: Windows Server 2008 R2)

(3) After cleaned, on Server machine, click Start and select Run… to open the dialog box, then input iisreset.exe and click OK, wait it run completely.

If this issue cannot be fixed, please elaborate more details about this issue(or screenshots).

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 18, 2013 8:10 AM
  • What sometimes happens to me is to have all my changes in "Excluded Changes" and I forgot to put them on the "Included changes" section.
    Friday, February 17, 2017 11:10 AM