Sharepoint Workflow 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings.

I am using Office 365 platform to develop apps integrate with workflow and sharepoint online..

Used SharePoint Workflow 2010- Approval for new item approval.

Item approval alert sent successfully but the workflow column still shows In Progress even after the approval completed. WHY?1

I need the workflow to move item from one list to another- where i used copy item action in workflow creation-works fine.

But the moved action email alert is not sent although the workflow script has the Send Email task with no error. WHY?2

Please help to ans both WHY1 and WHY2.

Thank you in advance,

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:10 AM

Answers

• For the Approval status, I followed the path: Site Contents > Workflow task> Click on the item Title to approve.

The condition for my apps were those below: 

• The Content Approval setting is enabled for the document library or for the list. 
    • The Start this workflow when an item is changed setting is enabled for the workflow. 
    • The Update the approval status after the workflow is completed setting is enabled for the workflow

Than the Workflow column changed from In Progress to Complete status. ---> WHY1 answered.

(( Link from email for approval does not sync with the Workflow Status Column)) ---anyone has any reason to highlight this?

Friday, August 11, 2017 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Sp, 

For your first question:               

The task list that the workflow was associated is having "Assigned to" column property which allows multiple user selections. make sure  you have set it to "NO".

Here is a similar issue post for your reference:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a063c29b-5a9d-4f58-9c37-b05586f238af/sharepoint-outofthebox-approval-workflow-stuck-in-progress?forum=sharepointcustomizationlegacy

Click in progress->navigate to the workflow history and check whether there is some error message in the issued .

For your second question: 

What is the moved action email alert you are referring to?

Have you created an alert on the target list?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:24 AM
  • Greetings.

For why1

The list items are the approval request item, thus have to enable the Versioning> Content Approval : Yes

The list items must go with multiple item selection.

So both condition above have to enabled in order to execute the business requirement in sharepoint list.

For why2

Below are the move action comments:

Anyone please advise.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 1:22 AM
  • For the Approval status, I followed the path: Site Contents > Workflow task> Click on the item Title to approve.

The condition for my apps were those below: 

• The Content Approval setting is enabled for the document library or for the list. 
    • The Start this workflow when an item is changed setting is enabled for the workflow. 
    • The Update the approval status after the workflow is completed setting is enabled for the workflow

Than the Workflow column changed from In Progress to Complete status. ---> WHY1 answered.

(( Link from email for approval does not sync with the Workflow Status Column)) ---anyone has any reason to highlight this?

Friday, August 11, 2017 6:07 AM