none
Bing Maps won't go to Streetside view in Chrome Browser RRS feed

• Question

• Starting 2/14 (arbitrary?), Bing maps has been giving the following error when trying to enter a streetside bubble:

Streetside isn't available here, Press ESC to exit.

The developer tools console in Chrome is outputting an invalid cert error when trying to request https://tiles.virtualearth.net.

I've repro'd this problem in the official bing maps, streetside api examples, and on different browsers on the same machine. In all cases, the streetside view defaults to the default map view.

Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi pr4296,

I have just tried this with Chrome and can see the issue.  I will raise this repro with the team.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, February 17, 2020 4:01 AM
    Owner
  • Hi, I am not getting a street view. I zoom to a blue street, click on it and nothing.  I also us the little man and EVERYWHERE it says no street view available.  Whats happening?
    Tuesday, February 18, 2020 1:26 PM
  • Hi Pumley,

It seems a change to the Chrome Browser is impacting our Maps experience.  Please try another browser while we debug this issue.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 4:58 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Folks,

The Maps Team deployed a fix to this issue and it should be available on all deployments as of 5PM Pacific time.  can you please confirm that you are no longer seeing this issue?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

23 hours 31 minutes ago
    Owner