locked
Is everthing up after update ? RRS feed

  • Question

  • As I seem to be getting this when I reference the endpoint.

    There was an error downloading 'https://database.windows.net/soap/v1/'.
    The remote name could not be resolved: 'database.windows.net'
    Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'https://database.windows.net/soap/v1/'.
    There was no endpoint listening at https://database.windows.net/soap/v1/ that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.
    The remote name could not be resolved: 'database.windows.net'
    If the service is defined in the current solution, try building the solution and adding the service reference again.

     cheers

    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:41 AM

Answers

  •  Mel76,

    This should be resolving for you now (I just validated this).  We did try to stage the DNS change such that there was very little impact to our users but it appears that the caching infrastructure appears to made that last a little longer than we had hoped.

    I'm able now to both view and generate proxies for the service in Visual Studio.  Please do let me know if you continue to have issues.

    Regards,

    --Jeff--


    JeffC
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:59 PM

All replies

  • Hello,

    We are experiencing some issues with the service that are currently being investigated.

    It could be that your DNS was not updated to the new VIP that was put in place with yesterday's upgrade.

    Try running from a command line: ipconfig /flushdns, then try to access the service again and verify if you get the same errors.

     

    Thank You,

    Shiloh Cleofe

    SDS Operations

     

    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:09 PM
  •  Mel76,

    This should be resolving for you now (I just validated this).  We did try to stage the DNS change such that there was very little impact to our users but it appears that the caching infrastructure appears to made that last a little longer than we had hoped.

    I'm able now to both view and generate proxies for the service in Visual Studio.  Please do let me know if you continue to have issues.

    Regards,

    --Jeff--


    JeffC
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:59 PM