DirectX Issue Windows 8

Question

• I recently upgraded to Windows 8 and got everything set up for app development. Everything is up to date, the OS, VS etc... I've had Windows 8 previews on the same machine previously with none of these issues. What happens, is that when I create Direct3D or Direct2D application projects in VS 2012, I get a ton of errors telling me variables aren't defined etc... I have no idea what is going on.

Here is a picture of the kinds of errors I receive. All I do is make a new project, I don't even modify the code. And again, these projects worked previously, so I know they can work.

http://bit.ly/UtaSqv

Saturday, January 5, 2013 9:19 PM

Answers

• It looks like your system has some mix of an older Windows SDK. When you say 'upgrade' did you do a 'fresh install' or 'upgrade in place'?
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the version of your Visual Studio and OS?
    We would suggest you to upgrade to RTM.

How did you create your project, we can create the DirectX project from template.

Visual C++-> Windows Store ->Direct2D App or Direct3D App.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jsventora Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:14 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jsventora Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:31 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 8:10 AM
  • I have VS 2012 Ultimate running on Windows 8 Pro. And I have been using the templates available (Direct3D & Direct2D). I've even upgraded my video card drivers.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:15 PM
  • It looks like your system has some mix of an older Windows SDK. When you say 'upgrade' did you do a 'fresh install' or 'upgrade in place'?
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Hi,

I marked Chuck's reply as answer, if your issue has not been solved please unmark it and update more information about this issue.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, January 11, 2013 3:27 AM