linear algebra package for vc RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
       I need to solve a system of linear equations. The common used linear package LAPACK seems not work under vc. Any linear algreba package under vc++. Thank you.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Nancy Shao Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, November 26, 2009 7:36 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:05 AM
  • But uBLAS does not provide a solver for linear system. .....
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:21 AM
  • It has LAPACK bindings. I've used uBLAS + LAPACK with VC++ 8 in the past, so I'm confident it's a combination that works. :-]
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:35 AM
  • Could you please tell me how to get LAPACK work under VC++? I do get a package calll CLAPACK, but it cannot build successfully, due to this error
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\io.h(312) : error C2375: 'isatty' : redefinition; different linkage
            e:\software\lapwrapc_0.9\clapack-3.1.1-visualstudio\clapack-3.1.1-visualstudio\f2clibs\libf2c\fio.h(111) : see declaration of 'isatty'

Worse, I cannot find any documentation for CLAPACk under windows, only an . sln file containing hundreds of files.  I googled , but cannot find a solution. I appreciate  If you can give me any pointer to a related documentation about how to get lapack work under vc++.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:50 AM
  • Hi Shiyuan,

Yes, you can use CLAPACK to solve linear equations, the first thing is you need  installed CLAPACK under Windows. For more information, please see:

f2c'ed version of LAPACK)
    http://www.netlib.org/clapack/

Installing CLAPACK on Windows NT?
    http://www.netlib.org/clapack/faq.html#1.10

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, November 26, 2009 7:37 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:29 AM