none
Bing Maps Javascript api exception if adding polygon RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I've add a map on one Hub Section.

The hub sections are dinamically added to the hub after getting data from a json file.

If I dont add any polygon shape to the map, the navigation back and forward is working good,

but when I add a map polygon on the Bing Maps and try to navigate back in my App i got this exception:

SCRIPT5022: Unhandled exception at line 1, column 192627 in ms-appx://myapp.windows/Bing.Maps.JavaScript//js/veapicore.js
    0x800a139e - Errore di run-time di JavaScript: NotFoundError
    File: veapicore.js, Line: 1, Column: 192627

The veapicore.js break is on this column:

this._surface.removeChild(n.nativeShape)
    Any tip?
    Thanks.

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:07 AM

Answers

• Never seen or heard of this error before. The JavaScript control is based on the Bing Maps V7 web control which has been around for several years and that control never had any issue like this either. Would it be possible to provide a bit more code or send me the project at ricky_brundritt at Hotmail.com

All this said you should be careful about using Maps inside of controls that are added/removed often as every time you load the map an new billable transaction is created. It is possible to create the map on the main page and then hide/show it when needed (resizing and re-positioning as well). This will allow you to only ever load one map when loading your app and will allow you to maximize the free use of the map control.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:44 AM