none
Engagement detection (or something similar) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing a Kinect app based on WPF-KinectRegion. At some points, I would like to check if there is a user interacting with the app, I'm not sure if this is exactly the same as "engaged", since for example, face tracking calls "engaged" to a user looking at the Kinect.

I found this post, with an answer from Rob Relyea using "engagedBodyTrackingIds" property from KinectRegion, but it is not available anymore. I think the post is older than the SDK 2.0 final release, so I suppose either the property or its access were removed from the SDK. Am I right?

I thought I could use "GetIsCursorVisible" method from KinectRegion because I understood that the method would tell me if the cursor is being drawn, but:

- The method needs a pointerId but, how can I get this value?.

- I tested with pointerId values 0,1 and 27 and the method always return true no matter I see the cursor on the screen or not or even if no user is being tracked. Why?

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Edited by jmmroldan Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:58 AM
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:57 AM

All replies

• I'm sorry I just realized that engagedBodyTrackingIds is available but is not in the API docummentation (confusing, isn't it?)

Anyway, I still would like to know about how GetIsCursorVisible works.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:55 AM