none
Print Ticket Conformance Test and Print Ticket Test fails in New HCK for 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am using "New HCK for 8.1"for hardware certification(8.100.25990) . Print Ticket Conformance Test and Print Ticket Test are failing by stucking . I tried making changes in print preference settings  as i was not sure which settings i need to change. But still it fails .  I have copied the Print Ticket Conformance Test Logs where it is failed.

ModLoad: 00007ff9`e2270000 00007ff9`e2337000   C:\Windows\system32\vfPrintPTHelp
    er.dll

=======================================
    VERIFIER STOP 000000000000D01B: pid 0x2B0: The plug-in returned an invalid Print
    Capabilities document to the core driver

000000762F3FE838 : Error messages returned by PTConform. Use du to dump
    the message if this parameter is not NULL.
            0000007622388BF8 : PrintCapabilities XML text. Use du to dump the XML if
     this parameter is not NULL.
            0000000000000000 : Not used.
            0000000000000000 : Not used.

This verifier stop was caused by the CompletePrintCapabilities method in the plu
    g-in module at C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\eSf6uui.dll
    This verifier stop is continuable.
    After debugging it use `go' to continue.

(2b0.344): Break instruction exception - code 80000003 (first chance)
    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\W
    indows\SYSTEM32\vrfcore.dll -
    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\W
    indows\SYSTEM32\vfprint.dll -
    vrfcore!VerifierStopMessageEx+0x6f4:
    00007ff9`e3b33a00 cc              int     3

Please help , Thanks in advance

Kantharaj

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:41 AM

All replies

• First of all, make sure you've installed/applied HCK QFE06. There were a few issues with these tests that were addressed in this QFE.

If QFE06 is installed, and you continue to get this error, then you'll need to dump out (if possible) the error messages as instructed in the VERIFIER STOP message:

000000762F3FE838 : Error messages returned by PTConform. Use du to dump the message if this parameter is not NULL.

which means, when at the debugger break for this STOP, type:  du 000000762F3FE838

Additional 'du' commands (just 'du', no address) may be needed to see more of the error message.  If PrintSpy was running then you probably won't be given a chance to manually issue the 'du' command, but there should be a PrintSpy log file which should contain the extracted error messages.

The error message should point out exactly what the tests found to be wrong with the Print Capabilities XML.  It is likely the print driver is generating some settings that do not conform to the Print Schema spec.

Outside of the debugger and HCK harness, you can get the same error messages (and context) by running the PTConform.exe test manually in a CMD session:  

\\[your HCK controller name]\tests\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%\doxtools\ptconform\PTConform.exe   /printer=[print queue name]

It'll display what it's doing in the CMD window, write a detailed log file which includes the errors, and also save the PrintTicket and PrintCapabilities XML to file.

Friday, September 27, 2013 7:04 PM