PlaySound during phoneCall RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone,
    i have a application runing in the background which has to beep when a phone call is active ie connected.
    i tried using the PlaySound api which work when there is no phone call but cannot hear any sound during the phone call, whereas the api returns sucess.
    please advise how do i play a sound file during a phonecall.

Thanks
    sachin
    Ssachin
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Ssachin,

Generally, it is not possible. This is generally not possible.  Audio capture and playback architecture can vary between devices and manufacturers. In most cases the voice traffic audio never gets multiplexed with the audio produced by the OS.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, February 5, 2010 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Ssachin,

Generally, it is not possible. This is generally not possible.  Audio capture and playback architecture can vary between devices and manufacturers. In most cases the voice traffic audio never gets multiplexed with the audio produced by the OS.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, February 5, 2010 5:50 AM
  • thanks Guang.
    will tapi and phone apis like lineGenerateDigits , lineGenerateTone , PhoneSendDTMFStart help me acheive what i am looking for or are these apis not meant for what i am looking for ?

plase advise.

Thanks
    sachin
    Ssachin
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 7:55 AM
  • hi,

i tried using lineGenerateDigits to create the sound during the call and it worked, but the sorry part was it was heard only on the other side ie on the persons phone whom i had called. i couldnt here any sound on my phone which was used to make the call.

any tips how to generate sound on my phone when a call is active. the sound can be just a beep or any sound to alert the user .
    please advise.

Thanks
    sachin

Ssachin
    Monday, February 8, 2010 3:41 PM
  • Hi Ssachin,

As I previous post,  Audio capture and playback architecture can vary between devices and manufacturers. There is no uniform way to do it.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 3:27 AM