Will pictures stay in my program? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been thinking about this. when I put pictures in a program they come from an specific place in the hard drive. Then, will pictures still be in the program if I run it in another computer?
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:02 PM

Answers

• Nope.

Every time You run Your app, the app will load the pictures from the hard drive/network location. The .exe file that Small Basic creates, has only the source code You see in the Small Basic window.

The best practice is to place all Your pictures (and other resources) in a folder (for example: Resources) and carry that folder with Your .exe file and the SmallBasicLibrary.dll.

• Proposed as answer by Jacob Brown Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdev Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:15 PM
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:37 PM
  • Another option is to use Network.Download to download pictures or textfiles that are uploaded on a website.
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    • Proposed as answer by Jacob Brown Monday, May 23, 2011 11:35 AM
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:27 PM
  • Or you can insert your images in your code using Data Extension.

In PictureTools 2 functions called PictureTools.ConvertImageToSting() and PictureTools.ConvertStringToImage().

With PictureTools.ConvertImageToSting you can convert image from ImageList to text that you can insert to your code and using PictureTools.ConvertStringToImage

you can load image translated to string from your code to ImageList.

Sorry My Bad English
    Monday, May 23, 2011 11:24 AM

All replies

• Nope.

Every time You run Your app, the app will load the pictures from the hard drive/network location. The .exe file that Small Basic creates, has only the source code You see in the Small Basic window.

The best practice is to place all Your pictures (and other resources) in a folder (for example: Resources) and carry that folder with Your .exe file and the SmallBasicLibrary.dll.

• Proposed as answer by Jacob Brown Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:37 PM
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:37 PM
  • Another option is to use Network.Download to download pictures or textfiles that are uploaded on a website.
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:27 PM
  • Or you can insert your images in your code using Data Extension.

In PictureTools 2 functions called PictureTools.ConvertImageToSting() and PictureTools.ConvertStringToImage().

With PictureTools.ConvertImageToSting you can convert image from ImageList to text that you can insert to your code and using PictureTools.ConvertStringToImage

you can load image translated to string from your code to ImageList.

Sorry My Bad English
    Monday, May 23, 2011 11:24 AM
  • The Small Basic Community and The Microsoft Corporation would be greatly happy if newbie users remember to mark posts that answer their questions by pressing "Mark as Answer".

Thank You.

Monday, May 23, 2011 11:36 AM