MSBuild exclude folder - packaging Azure webjob RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to deploy an Azure Webjob using VSTS, the deployment happens however it breaks the host webapp. The issue is caused by “bin” folder inside the webjob package.

The bin folder adds assemblies into the host webapp bin folder which breaks it. The plan is to remove this bin folder from the webjob package, easy..let’s use some MSBuild params.

I’m using the following params to build the webjob package and using ExcludeFoldersFromDeployment. But still we get the bin folder.

Tried some variations of the bin folder path, relative to build artifacts and source artifacts, didn’t work neither.  Is there any other params I can use, other approaches or ideas are welcomed.

MSbuild "*.sln" /p:DeployOnBuild=true /p:WebPublishMethod=Package /p:PackageAsSingleFile=true /p:SkipInvalidConfigurations=true /p:PackageLocation="C:\webapp" /p:Configuration=Release_Binary /p:ExcludeFoldersFromDeployment="[webjobproject]\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\bin"

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We are working on the query and would get back to you soon on this. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Best Regards,

Kamalakar K

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:53 PM
  • Hy

We have exactly the same issue...could you solve it?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Peter

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:22 PM