none
Outputter for json files

Question

• What is the recommended approach for writing large JSON files using USQL? I have registered Newtonsoft.Json and the sample outputters.

The json currently output by the Outputter looks like this

{"ts":"2017-03-30 12:27:00 AM","timemin":"27"}

I need it to be translated to this format

{ "attribute" : "value",

"attribute2" : ["value1","value2"],

"nested_values": [

{ ...

}],

"nested_values": [

{...

}

}

Are there any useful examples of using the Json Outputter to write nested json arrays?  Will it require some enhancements to support the format?

Andrew Sears

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 8:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm looking for a similar solution for outputting nested JSON files, currently I use the MultiLevelJsonExtractor to read nested JSON files with U-SQL, but I would really like to output my results in a nested JSON aswell.

has there been any progress on this issue?

Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:30 PM
  • In my case I wrote the json out as a flat list of repeated attributes (default for the outputter) and then used an ADF C# custom activity to translate into a nested object consumable by a web service.  

It would be great to have this as part of the JSON Outputter code as it seems like a common scenario for serializing objects.

Andrew Sears

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:59 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

JSON outputter is high on our backlog list for Data Lake Analytics. We will enable this feature in future however it not land in the next few months. 

Charles

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:21 PM
  • Hi,

I am also looking for nested JSON ouputter. Now I'm using the default JSON Outputter but I need JSON nested Outputter. Please Suggest me a one.

Thanks,

Arun

Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:04 AM