none
Combining elements from different views RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to combine two different view elements in Project 2010. On the left hand side of the screen I want the normal entry table that you get in the Gant view. In the right hand side of the screen I want the table that appears in the right hand side of the Resource Usage screen. Is there any way to do that?

The reason is that I'm trying to create an entry screen with columns as follows:

Task Name : Resource Name: Work (Apr) : Work (May) : Work (Jun), etc

The first two columns come from the Gant chart view and the work month-on-month comes from the Resource Usage view

Thoughts gratefully received and thanks in advance

Best wishes

Stephen

Friday, April 1, 2016 3:14 PM

Answers

• Stephen,

No you can't display two views exactly like you describe but have you looked at the Task Usage view? That is as essentially what you are asking for. Or, another option is to use a split screen with the Gantt Chart in the top pane and the Resource Usage in the bottom pane.

John

Friday, April 1, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Maybe I'm a a bit tired at the end of the week but I don't understand why the resource usage or task usage views are not suitable to you? You can always use the task usage then add the resource column in second position and then collapse all rows.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Friday, April 1, 2016 3:26 PM

All replies

• Stephen,

No you can't display two views exactly like you describe but have you looked at the Task Usage view? That is as essentially what you are asking for. Or, another option is to use a split screen with the Gantt Chart in the top pane and the Resource Usage in the bottom pane.

John

Friday, April 1, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Maybe I'm a a bit tired at the end of the week but I don't understand why the resource usage or task usage views are not suitable to you? You can always use the task usage then add the resource column in second position and then collapse all rows.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Friday, April 1, 2016 3:26 PM
  • Hi John

Thanks for his; exactly what I was after. Appreciate it

Stephen

Monday, April 4, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Hi Guillaume

Thanks for the reply - Task usage gets me closest to what I needed - I hadn't spotted that one.

Appreciate it

Stephen

Monday, April 4, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Stephen,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Monday, April 4, 2016 2:52 PM