How to get sound and save it in WAV or any other format RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi there,

My idea very simple, it's to get sound from speakers and save it in any format (not important)

Any idea

Thanks

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 2:33 PM

Answers

• Are you looking to write some particular pieces of media to an audio file of some sort, or just any audio that goes to your speakers in general?

If it's the former, then there are a couple options, the best of which might be the Windows Media Encoder (or the WM Encoder SDK if you want to write code).  That of course assumes that you have a file or URL for some particular piece of media. 

If you're looking for audio in general, I don't know of a way to do this, though you could try the Pro Audio forum (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=351&SiteID=1).  I would suspect that the answer here is no, because think about DRM (protected) content... 

Sunday, September 9, 2007 11:52 PM

All replies

• Are you looking to write some particular pieces of media to an audio file of some sort, or just any audio that goes to your speakers in general?

If it's the former, then there are a couple options, the best of which might be the Windows Media Encoder (or the WM Encoder SDK if you want to write code).  That of course assumes that you have a file or URL for some particular piece of media. 

If you're looking for audio in general, I don't know of a way to do this, though you could try the Pro Audio forum (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=351&SiteID=1).  I would suspect that the answer here is no, because think about DRM (protected) content... 

Sunday, September 9, 2007 11:52 PM
  • The simplest solution is if you have 2 computers: Connect the sound card output of PC1 to the sound card

input of PC2, then use an audio recording app to record the sound from PC1. You take a slight quality loss through the analog path, but it might be good enough for your purpose.   

Friday, September 28, 2007 7:32 PM