sql server table case sensitivity RRS feed

• Question

• this issue is killing me...

yesterday i was working on my application it had a simple select statement but it wasn't working well because as it turns out my database is case sensitive..i researched the issue and found out that because my collation is case sensitive...so i created another database with the following collation:"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1256_CI_AS" which is case insensitive and i copied my data and recreated my application..it took me alot of time and when i was done i tested it and guess what!!! still case sensitive...
    for testing purposes i created a test table and queried it with deferent cases and it was insensitive..but when i query the first table...it is case sensitive

i checked the collation of the table itself and it is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1256_CI_AS so what can be the issue...
    • Moved by Jamie MacLennan Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:49 PM Unable to Move Thread
    • Moved by Mangal Pardeshi Friday, April 24, 2009 5:39 AM (From:Data Mining)
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:44 AM

Answers

• Are you certain that none of the columns are set with a specific case sensative collation? 
    Douglas Taft DBA\DBD
    • Marked as answer by Ibrahim sh Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:20 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 9:04 PM

All replies

• What method data transfer do u used, try to use colum level collate clause before copying your data

Regards,

Andrian
    Friday, April 24, 2009 10:18 AM
  • Try to Chane the Collation in Model System Database.
    RightClick->Properties->Options
    And Changed it to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1256_CI_AS and After that you can create database. It may not be Case Sensitive because While Creating Database Every database default take the Properties of Model Database.So Whatever changes we made in the Model it will applicable to our newly created databases in the server. Please check once.

Thanks
    Ramesh.M
    Friday, April 24, 2009 11:53 AM
  • Are you certain that none of the columns are set with a specific case sensative collation? 
    Douglas Taft DBA\DBD
    • Marked as answer by Ibrahim sh Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:20 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 9:04 PM
  • ok i found out what the issue is and fixed it...i dont know why it happaned.. if i right clicked on my table and checked out the properties it is the right collation but when i scripted the data bas i found all the columns in the table got the wrong data so i recreated my tables and it worked fine thank you guys
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:19 AM