system.io.compression.filesystem.dll required RRS feed

• Question

• User-785194518 posted

Hi All,

Can any one provide me the links  to download  system.io.compression.filesystem.dll file.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• User281315223 posted

It should be included in the .NET Framework and is likely hidden within your Windows system folder. Have you tried searching your machine for it?

It should be under something like : 

~/Windows/Microsoft.NET/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/(Your .NET Version)

If you need to include it within a project as a Reference, you should be able to access it through the following steps : 

1. Right-click on the References Folder within your Project (or directly on your Project) in the Solution Explorer.
    2. Choose Add Reference
    3. Under the Assemblies or .NET tab, look until you find System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll. (You may have to navigate to the URL listed above if you can't find it)
    4. Select it and Click OK.
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:51 AM
  • User-785194518 posted

Hi Rion,

Thanks for your blaze reply.I didn't found any folder or name with "System.IO.Compression.FileSystem".Hope you reply me

Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:03 AM
  • User281315223 posted

Do you have the .NET 4.5 Framework downloaded?

It looks like that particular System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll comes with .NET 4.5 (and only 4.5) so you'll likely have to download the Framework.

I'm not sure how legitimate the following site is, but it looks like you can download the individual file below from Win Cabs : 

Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:12 AM
  • User-785194518 posted

Hi Rion,

Again thanks for your blaze response.I am using visual studio 2008 and I had downloaded this dll from your given link,But when I try to extract it is showing info as corrupted

Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:20 AM
  • User281315223 posted

I'm not sure if the file is going to work outside of .NET 4.5 sadly. (You'll likely need to install .4.5 to handle this issue).

I uploaded the file by itself from my machine, which you should be able to access (until the link expires) from the following link : 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:34 AM