RTM on SharePoint 2010 Beta2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having problems with the RTM version released last week when trying to connect to a SP2010 list.  The August Beta (v1.5) worked fine, but when I upgraded to the RTM, it no longer works.  I removed the RTM and reinstalled the beta and it worked again.  When I install the RTM on a clean SP2010 box (2008 R2 x64) without first installign the August Beta, I receive a 404 error whenever I try and access _vti_bin\ListData.svc   Is there something missing from the RTM that was previously in the beta that causes the ListData service to light up in SharePoint 2010?

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 1:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to WCF Data Services forum!

Thank you for reporting this problem.   I am currently investigating it.  If I get any information, I will get to you as soon as I can.   Thank you for your patient. 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 1:21 AM
  • Hello,

I tried to repro this problem but with no avail.  Could you please provide us with more detailed information to troubleshoot this problem?   Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:58 AM
  • I too have experienced just the same issue.  I was working through the SharePoint 2010 Developer Training Kit and saw that I needed to install ADO.NET Data Services in order to get ListData.svc working (if there is such a dependency is there any reason why it wasn't included in the initial setup that went and gathered other base components like Geneva, Forefront Identity Manager, etc?).

I had found other posts saying the 404 error happens if ADO.NET Data Services is missing.

So, I went looking and found the RTM of Data Services Update for Windows 7 & 2008 R2 and installed that.  I dutifully did a complete reboot to make sure all was present and correct.  Yet, when I try to access ListData.svc on a good SP2010 site, I still get the 404 error.  I will now try and uninstall the RTM and apply the CTP2 version.

Does SP need to be "told" that Data Services is installed?  Could it be caused by installing Data Services after SP2010?
    Friday, February 12, 2010 2:22 PM
  • Hello SPC1972,

Thank you very much for your posting.  Could you please provide us with more related information about this problem, like threads, blogs?   With more detailed references and clues, I can send this problem to the product team.  Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:14 AM
  • Don't know what additional useful info I can give you as it is a pretty "normal" install other than I installed SP Beta before WCF.  Installed Win 2008 R2 64 bit.  Installed SP 2008 Beta 2.  Checked SP and all is working fine.  Installed WCF RTM.  Try to connect to ListData.svc but get 404 error.  All else seems to still work fine with SP.  At this point, I deinstalled RTM and installed the August 1.5 version of WCF.  ListData.svc then works.

I see from Alex James (http://blogs.msdn.com/astoriateam/archive/2010/02/15/compatibility-note-sharepoint-2010-beta-data-services-update.aspx) that RTM and SP Beta 2 are now listed as not compatible, so I guess I will wait for the RTM version of SP.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:43 PM