Problem displaying my asp.net web page on my Palm PDA RRS feed

• Question

• User-2060727494 posted

Hi all,

I am new to working with PDAs.  I have an ASP.Net 2.0 web site that works fine.  But I have one web page that I would like to display on a Palm PDA.  This web page contains a gridview control, a few buttons, and a few link buttons.  I made everything real small so it would fit on the Palm.  I am able to display the web page on my palm.  The buttons and link buttons all work.  The fonts and colors look good too.  But in my gridview, I have several textboxs.  I have set the width of each textbox to 6px.  I want these textboxs to be small so that I can fit them all on the PDA screen.  But when I call this web page on my Palm, all the textboxes have large widths and extend right off the page.  It is frustrating because this seems to be the only problem.  I realize that I can create a mobile web page and there are mobile controls.  But I have never used any of this.  And just poking around, I see nothing that has the power of the gridview control.  And like I said, I am new to these PDAs.  Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?  I have struck out with my Google searches.

Thanks,

Bob 

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 9:08 AM

Answers

• User113421904 posted

Hi Bob,

Mobile devices differ in their capabilities. Fortunately, ASP.NET mobile controls support device specific rendering, you can make the rendering different accroding to your device.

http://blogs.msdn.com/gurbir/archive/2006/07/26/Gurbir-Singh-Sethi.aspx

First you need to find out your device capabilities, e.g. resolution, whether it support HTML and CSS. And you can control the rendering like examples provide in previous link.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2007 6:47 AM