none
Problem to Install CCF2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I begin with CCF and I'm trying to install but I obtain some different error messages. The deployment guide isn't clear.

When I open the AgentDesktop I have a problem with the versions (in Desktop_Load when call checkVersions())

The versions of CCF databases and the web services could not be retrieved.

No configuration settings were found for AgentDesktop_Options_OptionsStack:   at Microsoft.Ccf.Samples.Csr.AgentDesktop.Desktop.checkVersions() in C:\CCF\SourceCode\Microsoft.Ccf.Samples\Csr\AgentDesktop\Desktop.cs:line 1422

at Microsoft.Ccf.Samples.Csr.AgentDesktop.Desktop.Desktop_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\CCF\SourceCode\Microsoft.Ccf.Samples\Csr\AgentDesktop\Desktop.cs:line 947

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: uriStringStack:   at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.set_Url(String value)

at Microsoft.Ccf.Csr.AuditLogWS.AuditLog.set_Url(String value)

at Microsoft.Ccf.Csr.AuditLog.LogToServer(String xmlLogData)

at Microsoft.Ccf.Csr.AuditLog.Log(AuditType auditType, LogData logData)

Another problem is when I try to add the Admin Console in the Add Snap in. When I enter the machine name of the CCF IIS Server the message is: the server doesn't exist or the access is denied

I install in Windows Server 2003, all use the same server (sql, iis). I need another apart of the machine name, like port number.

I know that is more difficult help me with this data but any comment I'll be thankful

Monday, September 24, 2007 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you have any luck solving this problem? If you did would you share the solution with me?

Thanks,

Edel.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

COuld you please check the web.config that is being used at the moment.

There are two types of web.config that come with CCF 2005 and you would be able to check them in the virtual directory of the applications

a) Rename the web.config to web.config.old and the web.config.local to web.config

b) Check the web services whether they run from the machine itself

c) Replace all the CCFIIS names within web.config to the name of your IIS server and CCFSQL to your sql server.

d) In the authorization section of the web.config, please allow all the users and comment all the other auth tags as in <allow users = "*" />

e) Run the web services now (basically the admin console web service) and see if its running ok

Regards

Nikhil

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:01 AM
  • Hi,

Neither the web.config or web.config.local I found had any reference to the servers ccfiis or ccfsql. I can open the admin console and connect successfully - does this confirm my webservices are working ok?

Is there a cmd command to check whether the web services are running?

Would my problems be related to user privileges? When logged into the server as the aspuser I cannot open the CCF databases - it says I do not have enough privileges.

Thanks,

Edel.

Friday, April 11, 2008 4:45 PM
  • Hai EdelK and all20,..

where can I found the file web.config...?

ISearch in directory AdminConsole is nothing.

My CCF is CCF 2008 but, the error is same with "all20".

MyWeb Service+Database I install in win2003 and my AgentDesktop I install in win2003 for client

All installation I'am using VM.

please helpme

thanks b4 :)

XYZ
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:28 AM