Calling an array RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a query regarding calling a multi-dimensional array in a sub procedure.

I have two sets of sub procedures, one to import and another to export aligned with various multi-dimensional arrays.  The export one is fine as I call in a variant value matched to the multi-dimensional array I am wishing to export, and then just cycle through the dimensions and exporting that process works fine.

However, the import sub procedure needs to undertake data cleansing on multi-dimensional arrays of various dimensions, even though the basic structure of the import procedure is the same. 

Currently on the import side I have set up a Select Case arrangement and use a string value in the calling of the procedure to determine which multi-dimensional array is associated with the file I am importing, however this requires a lot of repetition of standard code.

Ideally I was hoping to be able to use a string value to reference the different array i.e. have all the multi-dimension arrays comply with a standard format for example "Array_XXX(0,0)" and just replace the XXX with a string value.

Any assistance you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, February 9, 2019 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi William Foster,

Are you using Excel VBA?
    If so, please provide your code relating to your issue.
    Epecially, I' like to know (1) declaration of the multi-dimensional array, (2) Select Case -- End Select.
    Regards,

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:36 AM