none
Compact 7 Offline Layout Location RRS feed

• Question

• A simple question. I hope there's a simple answer too...

Is is possible to move the Compact 7 offline layout location from %temp%\Layout\Windows Embedded Compact 7\ after installation? 

I like to be able to periodically nuke my TEMP folder but would be very upset to lose the offline layout as it takes so long to download.

Thanks in advance

--Martin

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:39 AM

All replies

• The person that came up with the idea to put something you want to RETAIN in a TEMPORARY folder should be DETAINED in an asylum... ;)

I'm creating a new VM for WEC7 dev at the moment and will let you know if I find a way... I'm hoping the location is defined somewhere in the registry, but I'm afraid it's hardcoded... :(

In any case, so far I have always copied everything out of the temp folder, but then you have to copy everything back before every update (or point the installation to your location, but you have to do this for every module in the update). All in all the process sucks and should be better...

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: http://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    http://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.

Friday, April 27, 2012 7:13 AM
  • Thanks for your comments Michel.  Did you find anything during the new VM install?

--Martin

Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

This is just upsetting: I made a layout-only installation as a preparation for a later installation, but the folder is completely lost at the next restart.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Temp folder shouldn't be cleared at each boot, should it? Then it's truly a crime to put the layout into %TEMP%.

Dogan

Friday, August 31, 2012 6:23 AM
  • I'd say that TEMP should be cleared at each cold boot, yes. Putting the layout into the TEMP folder is what I'd call the "problem" here.

Paul T.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:05 PM