launch updates???? RRS feed

• Question

• Any reason for asking to sign up for updates, at the day before launch I have seen nothing except "two weeks till... " am I missing something?

Is this a big deal or what?

Monday, July 25, 2011 11:12 PM

All replies

• If you subscribe to the updates you should get notified of the launch events, as well as a number of other events coming up over the next few weeks.

Regards,

Steve Hoag Microsoft aka the V-Bee
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:52 AM
  • I guess the launch is based on US pacific time?

Regards

Frank

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:43 AM
  • Yes, you can expect to start seeing launch announcements and events beginning at 10 AM pacific time tomorrow.

Regards,

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:49 AM
  • 10 AM on the 27th July??? Tomorrow for us here in Australia is the 27th :)
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:06 AM
  • 10 AM Pacific time on July 26. I keep forgetting that you guys are way ahead of us :-)

Btw, you might also check to see what Microsoft Australia has planned for the launch - I'm guessing that they will be doing something as well.

Regards, 

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:24 AM
  • Just received an email from MS saying "Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 is here!" with a link to the "launch" site, which just goes to the existing site which says it is being launched today????? What the??? It also gives a link to donwload the trial but that link is not working????
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:51 AM
  • 10 AM Pacific time on July 26. I keep forgetting that you guys are way ahead of us :-)

Btw, you might also check to see what Microsoft Australia has planned for the launch - I'm guessing that they will be doing something as well.

Regards, 

Hi Steve,

Does that mean MS India also has its own plans? I suspect a bit though.

Thanks & Regards

Supreet
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:05 AM
  • Hi Supreet,

Each of the subsidiaries is responsible for their own launch plans, but the US launch is also available to everyone. I'm not privy to Marketing plans, but I would expect that the MS India site will contain updated LightSwitch content tomorrow as well (or today I guess, given that it's already tomorrow there :-)

Regards,

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:11 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I just checked they are still selling office 365 :) & Developer site navigates back to the US site of LS development center ;)

No issues I know its only a few hours & I can wait.. even though I don't want too.. :D

Regards

Supreet
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:18 AM
  • I did!  that's what I complaining about

thanks

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:04 PM